INVITE TRANSIT LOUNGE RADIO TO YOUR WORLD CHANGING EVENT
COMMISSION JODI ROSE TO PRODUCE A SERIES OF CONVERSATION PODCASTS
PROPOSE TRANSIT LOUNGE RADIO GUESTS, LOCATIONS, THEMES…
SIGNAL AT TRANSITLOUNGERADIO DOT NET
At age 14 I hosted my first radio show on 2SER FM public radio in Sydney. I learned to edit tape in an internship with The Coming Out Show on ABC Radio, and 16mm film as assistant sound editor on artist Martin Sharp’s epic documentary Street of Dreams and other Australian feature films (Young Einstein, Trouble in Paradise.) I went on to study Electronic & Temporal Arts / Sculpture, Performance & Installation at Art College, and then…
In 2004 I had the good fortune to be selected as ABC Radiophonic Artist in Residence, supported by the Australia Council for the Arts. Since then I have produced radio programs for national broadcast, independent cultural events & published online, and always love a good conversation!Jodi Rose
Interdisciplinary T.R.A.C.E.S – Editor
T.R.A.C.E.S. started with a shared desire to bring together cultural workers who have adapted to increasingly high levels of professional mobility as a necessity for economic survival, in order to exchange skills, knowledge and experiences that we have accumulated through our personal journeys.
“Be someplace, not just any place, and not everywhere. Be where you are, look deep into the world from your point of view, and into the self, and out to the Other. Share what you experience”.John Hopkins tech-no-mad
Allowing a space for interaction outside the frenzied rush of relentless cultural production, we hoped to provide opportunities for a deeper exchange and understanding between participants and places, opening to inhabit the world in and through all our senses… drinking Lithuanian herb tea in the sauna, and eating cake.
PARTICLE | WAVE, HYBRID RADIO SYMPOSIUM, PIXELACHE HELSINKI
Audio report Particle | Wave at Pixelache Festival, Helsinki April 2005. Interviews, recordings and edit by Seamus O’Donnell (LifeLoop), presented at RadioTesla, Berlin, May 2005. Particle | Wave produced by Jodi Rose.
Mixdown of various live elements of Particle/Wave. Beginning with Jon Eriksens’ hypersonance, interspersed with phone-ins, sound bites from the seminar, field recordings, live performances from Mbar – Decangular Vibes by Tautvydas (Lithuania), Slackfurter and Son (California) + Shadowcasting (remote net performance, Steve Bradley, USA), sounds of the Ophone installation, short interviews. Jodi Rose testing a bridge + audio reports from a sauna + a kitchen.
Radio Features (PRODUCER)
- 2018 Login Festival, Transit Lounge Series #1 Vilnius Lithuania
- 2015 Nida Art Colony 5th InterFormat Symposium Conversations
- 2011 Traces Tea & Radio Lounge with Radio Cona, Open Zone, transmediale11 Berlin
- 2008 The Game is Up! How to Save the World in 10 Days, Vooruit Ghent
- 2007 Transit Lounge Radio, Pixelache Festival Helsinki
- 2007 Transit Lounge Radio, Transit Lounge, Berlin
- 2006 Live_Feed @ Electrofringe, ABC Radio National The Night Air NYWF Hour, TiN Radio
- 2005 Musique Concrete, Up Late, ABC Classic FM
- Mobile Journeys – New Media, Mobile Phone Art, The Night Air, ABC Radio
- Bridge Guard Radio Diary, Slovakia/Hungary ABC Radio The Night Air
- 2004 Archipelago: On board the Silja Opera Ferry in the Baltic Sea at the International Symposium of Electronic Arts, The Night Air, ABC Radio National
- Songs and Stories of the Bridge: A Trip Across Australia, Radiophonic Artist in Residence Feature, Radio Eye, ABC Radio National
- Songs of the Bridge: Compositions, Up Late, ABC Classic FM
- 1997 Emergency Phone, Earshots – The Listening Room, ABC Radio